Wednesday, October 19, 2011

With Halloween coming up, everybody seems to be thinking about costumes. What costumes should they wear on the big night? What costume should they wear to all of the parties leading up to All Hallow's Eve? I personally am more interested on what I can absorb from all of the outrageous get ups that I can use for further ensembles for the rest of the year.
No I am not considering walking the streets of New York dressed as catwoman in mid-March, however I might consider buying a pair of black leather pants and black leather boots in the tradition of the famous superhero sex symbol. Much inspiration can be derived from Fright Night if you keep your eyes peeled and your creativity high.
I personally find myself becoming most inspired by all of the three year old Disney Princesses I see stalking around on Halloween. That Alice in Wonderland smock dress? Chloe!Check! That Snow White collar? Marc Jacobs here I come! Cinderella's turquoise taffetta gown? Didnt I see Sarah Jessica strutting her stuff in a similar Lacroix number at teh Golden Globe awards?
Dressing up as a princess isnt just for three year old girls. Just make sure that you lose the tiara.... oh fuck it, keep the tiara, no one is going to look twice in this city!

No comments:

Post a Comment